Hang on to the tastes of summer with this rich, classic dessert. No need to worry about cutting the perfect piece of pie when served in a glass.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 6 minutes
Cook time: 8–10 minutes
Refrigeration time: 3–24 hours
- 1 cup (250 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50 mL) butter, melted
- ¾ cups (175 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice (about 5 limes)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) corn starch
- 1 can (14 oz/397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime zest, divided
- ¾ cup (175 mL) whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). In small bowl combine crumbs, sugar and butter. Spread mixture onto baking tray, bake 5–6 minutes or until golden; set aside.
- In medium bowl whisk corn starch into lime juice until smooth; whisk in condensed milk, egg, egg yolk and 2 tbsp (30 mL) whipping cream until smooth.
- Transfer to saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until bubbling; reduce heat to medium-low and continue stirring until mixture thickens, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the lime zest and allow to cool.
- In stemmed glassware of choice, add 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted graham mixture, followed by ¼ cup (50 mL) lime custard and topped with 2 tbsp (30 mL) whipped cream.
- Garnish with remaining lime zest and graham crumbs.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use room temperature limes for the most juice. Soak limes in warm water before juicing if they are cold.