Stack, stuff, fold, wrap or roll the ever versatile and delicious crepe! Adding cocoa to the batter enhances the dessert decadence factor over the holidays.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter or vegetable oil
FILLINGS & DRIZZLES
- Seedless raspberry or strawberry jam
- Whipping cream
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
- Melted chocolate
- Pomegranate seeds
- Ground berries
- Orange wedges
- Star fruit
- Mint leaves
- In blender combine eggs, milk, flour, cocoa, sugar and butter until smooth.
- Over medium high, preheat heavy-bottomed crepe pan or frying pan.
- Melt butter, pour enough batter to evenly coat bottom of pan in a thin layer.
- Cook until browned and top looks dry, 30–45 seconds.
- Flip over and cook another 30 seconds.
- remove from pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- Fill with your favourite goodies like whipped cream, jam or custard and top with festive colourful fruit and chocolate sauce.