Imagine strolling through a dining pavilion where some of the most delightful tastes from around the world are available, prepared by expert chefs proudly showcasing their country’s culinary traditions.
That’s exactly what you’ll find when the IBD Foundation presents its 3rd annual Embassy Chef Challenge Canada on Thursday, November 3, 2016, from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm at Lansdowne Park’s beautiful Horticulture Building.
This unique event brings together executive chefs from eleven embassies and diplomatic missions to Canada, presenting signature culinary dishes for the delight of over 350 guests and dignitaries. A panel of celebrity judges and food critics, including Margaret Dickenson, Chef Marc Lepine, and Chef Tim Wasylko, will select the Judges' Choice Award, while guests have the opportunity to vote for the People's Choice Award.
The event will feature both Live and Silent Auctions; items on offer include products and services focused on travel, gastronomy, fine dining, wine and spirits. Attendees also enjoy the opportunity to mingle and interact with international chefs (interpreters will be onsite as needed), food critics and members of the business and diplomatic community while enjoying the evening’s exceptional foods, beverage pairings and live entertainment featuring The Crumble string quartet and jazz pianist Randy Demmon. As a bonus, organizers have arranged for complementary valet parking for all attendees.
Embassy Chef Challenge Canada is held annually to benefit the IBD Foundation. The event not only encourages culinary diplomacy, but also raises funds to provide vital resources to the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario to help improve the lives of children living with inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and colitis), including the purchase of specialized paediatric equipment for a diagnostic and treatment procedure room.
This year’s participating chefs include:
- Chef Eugénie Koné, Embassy of Belgium
- Chef Laurent Provence, Embassy of France
- Chef Luis Valle, Embassy of Guatemala
- Chef Julio Martinez, Embassy of Honduras
- Chef Selwyn Richards, Jamaican High Commission
- Chef Anastasia Pristanskaya, Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Chef Safura Tawil, High Commission of Malaysia
- Chef Razia Raza, Pakistan High Commission
- Chef Carlos Uxío Lens López, Embassy of Spain
- Chef Resa Solomon-St. Lewis, winner of Embassy Chef Challenge 2015, High Commission of Trinidad and Tobago
- Chef Mathieu Desjardins, winner of Embassy Chef Challenge 2014, British High Commission
Previous editions of the Embassy Chef Challenge have been sell-outs, so purchase tickets soon to avoid disappointment.
For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit http://www.ibdfoundation.org/embassy_chef_challenge.html