A fresh and bright start to any day or a great mid-afternoon pick-me-up snack!
Prep time: 5–10 minutes
Standing time: 4 hours
Makes approximately: 4 cups
- Ã¢â€¦â€œ cup canned coconut cream or coconut milk
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, peeled
- Ã¢â€¦â€œ cup chia seeds
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- Shaved unsweetened coconut, to garnish
- Handful fresh raspberries, washed, to garnish
- In blender, purée pineapple pieces, lime and coconut cream until liquefied. Use a spatula to scrape down sides of blender until mixture is smooth.
- In medium bowl, combine prepared pineapple cream mixture with chia seeds. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight to allow chia seeds to hydrate and the pudding to thicken up.
- In small glass dishes, or hollowed out pineapple, sliced in four, layer chia pudding with mandarin oranges. Garnish with shaved coconut and raspberries.
- Refrigerate up to Ã¢â‚¬Â¨3 days
Canned mandarin oranges are guaranteed sweet and bright in colour. Fresh oranges can be used, but you may need to adjust sweetness to taste.