Wedding season is in full swing and the only thing more important than coordinating the perfect outfit is selecting a thoughtful gift. With the trend towards smaller spaces for newlyweds of any age and stage, it’s important to choose items that are both highly functional and aesthetically pleasing. To help you out, here’s a curated selection of sure-to-be appreciated gift items in a wide range of price points. Most are available online and any local sources are noted.
• Dualit Toaster – from the UK, these sleek and stylish toasters outperform most others on the market and are built to last. Available in a variety of finishes and in two, three, four and six-slice versions with a range of features including warming racks, sandwich cages and more. Add in a gift certificate to your favourite artisanal bakery. Find them at CA Paradis.
• vSpin Wine Aerator and Decanter –The active decanting system, hand-assembled in Germany by world-renowned Spiegelau, uses patented magnetic technology to create a gentle vortex that quickly transforms the traditional decanting process. A highly functional conversation piece that can be paired with a few bottles of wine for the perfect wine lovers’ gift.
• Laguiole Cheese Serving Set – these are the kinds of quality items that are so well made, they’ll be used often and forever. Available in various styles and colours. Pair with a gift certificate to your favourite local cheese shop. Available at Jacobsons, CA Paradis.
• Barista and Co. Gold French Press – sure to bring a smile to any coffee lover’s face, thanks to its ergonomic design and a fine metal filter which helps to create a smooth, authentic texture. Available in both 3 and 8 cups sizes. Add a pound or two of locally-roasted coffee beans and some handmade mugs to make your gift complete! Find Barista & Co. products at CA Paradis, Pot and Pantry.
• Gourmia Air Fryer – The perfect one-stop, go-to healthy-meal maker. Smartly designed and compact, air fryers can be used for a variety of purposes including baking, roasting, grilling, broiling, toasting, or air frying, with absolutely no oil required. Pair this versatile countertop gadget with a subscription to a CSA farm-fresh produce delivery service.
• Mason-Cash Mixing Bowls – available in a range of gorgeous classic and contemporary colours. Chip resistant, dishwasher and freezer safe, they are of such outstanding quality that they’re likely to become heirlooms. Buy a set in one colour or mix and match and add in some coordinating kitchen towels. Available at Grace in the Kitchen, Pot and Pantry.
• Cirqula-Mepal Food Storage System – For leftovers or portable lunches, this is the perfect food storage system. Bauhaus-inspired designs are truly leak proof, freezer safe, microwave safe and stylish enough to bring to the table. Their stackable, nestable design makes them easy to store. Pair with a contemporary cookbook or two. Available at Pot and Pantry, Grace in the Kitchen.