Furniture showrooms can be daunting environments. You want to make sure the furniture you decide on, will in fact work in your home. Preparing your own design or style file will help the consultants assess your desires and make your dream room a reality.
Here are some of the things your design file should contain:
1. Room measurements including openings such as windows and doors.
2. Measurements of furnishings you intend to keep.
3. Door widths, height clearances, stairwell measurements to make sure the chosen furniture can be delivered to the desired location in your home.
4. Paint, wood, metal and existing fabric samples.
5. Pictures! Document your room. Do your research. Your style file is not complete until you have room ideas that inspire you. The web is a fantastic source.
6. Decide on the amount you're willing to invest allowing for some flexibility.
You're now ready for a fun and successful furniture adventure!
In Home Design Consultant
La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries, Gloucester