The Westin Hotel's executive chef, Kenton Leier, shares his healthy eating inspired poached salmon recipe with Ottawa At Home.
Green tea poached wild salmon with orange and beet salsa and organic quinoa, arugula and cherry tomato salad. Click here for a video on how to prepare this.
Serves 4 people. Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 4 x 150 g portion of sockeye salmon
- 1 bag green tea
- 1 litre water
- 240 g quinoa (cooked)
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 10 ml Olive oil
- 5 ml cider vinegar
- 1 orange (peeled and segmented)
- 1 medium sized beet (cooked and diced)
- 1/ 4 red onion-diced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Salt and pepper
- In a small pot, steep green tea in the water over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Bring water to a slow simmer and place salmon fillets in so they are covered by the tea.
- Cook salmon for approximately 10 minutes.
- Combine quinoa, arugula, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For the salsa, in a small bowl combine the diced beets, red onion, orange segments, cilantro with the olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve by placing quinoa salad on the base of the plate, topped with the poached salmon and beet salsa.